It is that time again, that happy time again…time to refocus and to get a plan in place to eat healthy after all those luscious holiday feasts. Here’s a great meal planning guide for you or for your family members. Do you know someone who needs help planning or preparing healthy meals? We can help!
Yield: 1 serving
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal, quick-cooking (dry)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cups water (very hot)
- 1⁄2 banana (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen yogurt, non-fat
- In a microwave safe cereal bowl, mix together the oatmeal and salt. Stir in water.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave on high power for another minute. Stir again.
- Microwave an additional 30-60 seconds on high power until the cereal reaches the desired thickness. Stir again.
- Top with banana slices and frozen yogurt.
Want more recipes? Check out this article for 25 easy recipes for Senior Nutrition.