Reminiscing is beneficial for everyone involved in the conversation. The young learn about the old. The old become young again before your very eyes, recalling adventures and exploits. It is such a vital part of the whole picture. Yes, the laundry needs to be done, showers offered and meals prepared…but the quiet moments of listening and asking is where you’ll find that spark again.
Here are some questions to start that process:
- What’s the first home you remember as a child?
- Tell me about the chores you did as a child.
- What was your favorite thing about school?
- Who was your best friend when you were a child?
- What was your favorite vacation activity?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?